Monday 18 March 2013

Suppliers of kumihimo findings

Finding the right supplier to meet your needs

With a bit of luck, now that you have seen what can be done with hair from a horse's tail, you will have started to want to have a go yourself.

To start out all you need is a kumihimo disk. These are available internationally and are relatively easy to find. Mine came from the US, before I found a UK supplier. In America, kumihimo is quite popular. It really is a wonder why it is not as popular in Europe.

If you are in the UK, a good supplier is the Bead Shop in Manchester.

http://www.the-beadshop.co.uk/

For findings and beads Robin's beads is a place to find different sizes of end caps for your work.

http://www.robins-beads.co.uk/

I have used many different suppliers in just a few months but the two above are enough to get you started.

There are plenty of good videos on the internet to show you how to use a kumihimo disk. There is a great starter book called "Beautiful Braiding Made Easy: Using Kumihimo Disks and Plates" by  Helen Deighan. It is a little childish in its presentation but there are a lot of tips and patterns to follow.

Wherever you are in the world, with the internet you can easily locate the items you need.

When I find a supplier I like I make sure I save the website details. Some findings are hard to find and you won't want to lose the details of the supplier of an item you really like.

If you have been interested in the bog so far and have any questions about any of my posts please feel free to ask. I still consider myself to be a learner but will hopefully be able to answer queries and  ultimately encourage many of you to give bracelet making a go yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask a question or comment on this blog